Friday, February 15, 2013

Thirty(-one) flirty and fabulous

So it only took me 3 months to edit photos so I could complete the post that was "coming soon".  As I mentioned previously, I took a little trip up to OKC for one last Fall celebration with my favorite co-hostess Candice...or should I say Miss Shapen.  Brace yourself for a whole lot of beautiful!


We kicked of the evening by feasting on Cafe Rio inspired salads.  

With our hunger satiated, the real fun began. A few just introduced us to the details of her inner beauty queen, while others outwardly expressed her "talents".
Let me introduce you to:

Ms. G4, Gwendolyn the Gorgeous Golden Gnome (who may or may not have locked her keys in the car and had to meet the AAA many looking this fabulous)
 
Ms. Far Far Away
Ms. Pink Slip

Ms. Corset (pronounced "core say")
 
Ms. Elusive Elf
Ms. High Fashion
Ms. Great Wall Buffet.  Her sticky rice snowman was better than any sticky rice winter decoration any of the rest of us could make.
 
Mrs. Peacock, who may or may not have been a murder suspect, but we forgot all about that CLUE when she amused us with her thumb hula.
Ms. Golden Girl who was forever traumatized by misinterpreting the role she auditioned for in 1985.  Turns out the show was about four older ladies living together in Miami, not all about a young woman adorned in gold.  She took the opportunity to redeem herself with a delightful rendition of Goldilocks and the 3 bears.

And who can forget Ms. Acaisa-coke with her delightful performance on the bells--that she may or may not have borrowed from her kids.

We couldn't help but stare at the "beauty" that Ms. Frst Clas Lade brought to the room.  I mean the sparkle from her paperclip earrings and almost pearly whites were nearly blinding...or was that the glare off the trash bag? I'm sure I'm not the only one who still has her rendition of Taylor Swift's "We are never ever getting back together" burned into their brain.

This is the kooky Miss Space Cadet.  Not only does she always have a wacky plan up her sleeve, but boy does she ever know how to dramatically and rapidly eat a fudge bar. 

The groovy Miss Flower Power bongoed (I'm not sure that is an actual verb) out a little Misses Robinson.

Miss Zena Warrior Princess showed off her strength, courage, and balance.  She's not the type of beauty queen you want to meet in a dark alley.


Miss Out of this World's dance and hula hoop moves were...well, out of this world.

Mrs. Cleaver showed us all up with her PERFECT hair, makeup and homemaking skills.  She even gave the rest of us tips on how to appropriately prepare ourselves and home for the return of our husbands each evening.  Sorry Br, I forgot to take notes.


The most unforgettable performance of the night came from Miss Linda Lou.  Look at those legs!  I'll just say that I want to be Miss Linda Lou when I grow up.

Lastly, I shouldn't fail to mention the real star of the evening...the birthday girl herself...Miss Shapen.  Her talent of stacking blocks on her wonderful "shelf" was unmatched.

Thank you Candice for giving us the excuse to have a fabulous fun filled night. And in the words of a few famous Golden Girls--
Thank you for being a friend
Traveled down the road and back again
Your heart is true your a pal and a confidant.

And if you through a party
Invited everyone you ever knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say thank you for being a friend.


1 comment:

CandiShack said...

Friend!!! I have not logged on to blogger in months, and I just logged on and saw THIS! Ha! So fun. I love your commentary. Better than I could ever do. Can I just copy your blog post? :) I miss you, Ms B! I keep thinking about you and wondering how you're doing! And forgetting that I can get half of the scoop from your wonderful blog! Thanks for the fun memories for the birthday party. And yes, Miss Frst Clas Lade's song IS forever burned into my head. Love it!