The beginning of June was busy with plans for Miss A's birthday. Auntie Beth arrived to stay with us for a while. Our mornings were filled with a couple swimming lesson classes I volunteered to teach. In our afternoons we found some sort of adventure to keep us busy. We went to the drive-in, children's museum, science museum, zoo, had some play dates, went swimming, won tickets at Chuck-E-Cheese, celebrated daddy's birthday, dug for crystals at the salt plains, and then headed out on a road trip to remember. (I misplaced my camera for most of our adventures so this is all I have to show for it)
Here are my favorite conversations from the month:
At the zoo eating an Icee E said-"My head is so cold it's on fire"
We were walking up to our car in the parking lot of the Dr's office and I was standing a little closer to the car next to ours as I fumbled for my keys. Miss A looked at the car and said: "Is this our car?" I said, "You know it's not" and she said, "Yes because this car is clean and our car is dirty."
At swimming lessons, E said, "Mommy you teach good swimming lessons. I wish I
was a big daddy so that I can teach swimming lessons like you"
Aunt Elizabeth asked E about something my dad gave him: "Did your grandfather get that for you?"
E responded-"He's not my grandfather. He's Pappy. He's not an old man!"
When anticipating his doctor's appointment to get his staph infection checked out E said "Mommy
feel my heart. It's beating really fast. I think it's a little bit
scared to go to the doctor but the rest of my body isn't scared but
my heart is nervous."
E explained to a friend of mine where you get chicken. "It comes from horses. You shoot the horse. You pull off the skin and squeeze the blood out. Then you take the bones out and cook it."
The friend asked, "So chicken comes from horses".
E-"Yes, and sometimes chicken comes from turkeys"
Friend-" Does chicken ever come from chickens?"
E-"No! that would be disgusting!"
When I asked him about it he said "sometimes chicken comes from horses, and sometimes from cows, and sometimes from turkeys, and sometimes from pigs, and sometimes from sheeps (pronounced "sheep" "es").
When we are getting ready to swim Miss A askes "Where is my baby soup?"(bathing suit) and "Where are my gobbles?"(goggles)
E-"My daddy's got skills!!!"
Miss A has turned into a little ferret. If something is missing guarantee she's found it and stashed it away somewhere. The other day I was looking for my goggles and fins to go to my boot camp and they weren't in my bag. I was frantically looking for them and asked her if she knew where they were. She said, "hmm, I can't know?" After a while, she went outside and came back in so proud of herself for finding my fins. Apparently "I" left then wedged between the abandoned dog house and the fence. Silly me, how could I forget that is where I keep them?

2 comments:
My favorite is "My Daddy's got skills!". I think he will be quoted on that for a long time.
Your children say the darndest things!!! Can't decide what is my favorite one. xo
Post a Comment