Saturday, December 24, 2011

An escape from reality

While I'm playing a little catch-up it would be crazy of me not to mention the best vacation I've ever had.  Early in November I went to visit the always fabulous Loralee Lewis.  I had the time of my life pretending I am a famous sugar artist.  It was so fun to spend some quality creative time with a person who inspires me so much.  I'm not kidding when I say that when I'm planning a party I often find myself asking "WWLLD?" (What would Loralee Lewis do?) We put together an almost surreal dinner party set in a lightly snow-dusted canyon next to a babbling brook.  Her design and inspiration brought out my girly and elegant side which rarely makes an appearance these days.  Unfortunately, I was too caught up dreaming up sugar creations, enjoying the breathtaking scenery, smiling so much my cheeks hurt, sitting peacefully doing what I love and of course eating chocolate cake for dinner with ladies I feel like I've known for a lifetime, to take pictures but I was able to steal some from her blog.  




  It was also nice to see some family (my fabulous aunties) and friends that feel like family.

Right after I returned back to reality my bestest (
Kelly) came up with her kiddos so she, her oldest, and I could attend the cake wrecks books signing.  People have you seen that website before?  You really should take a look.  It's quite amusing... even if you aren't into cakes. As part of the event, they invited people to bring cupcake versions of their favorite cake wrecks.  With so many to choose from I couldn't possibly pick just one so I attempted to recreate constipated Santa, the princess crown, the Gerber daisy and an homage to creepy baby shower cakes. 
 
I ended up winning a coveted Mohawk baby carrot jockey necklace. Try not to be too jealous. 
 
 There really isn't anything like making memories with friends that feel like family.

1 comment:

Brianna said...

I am jealous. I love cake wrecks!