You're sure of a big surprise...
because today's the day the teddy bears have their picnic.
This year for Miss A's birthday we had a small (she still doesn't like huge parties like her mommy and brother) picnic to celebrate.
Although I'd been thinking about what to do for a while, I sort of put it off the actual planning until the last minute. The party would have been a mess and very slapped together if it hadn't been for my older sis J (who very spontaneously decided to drive out from ABQ) and my absolute favorite party designer and friend, Loralee Lewis who was kind enough to design me a whole line of party goods. She is uber-talented! No really. You should HAVE to check her out. Thanks to her little package of fun invites, stickers, ribbon, pennant straws, banner, thank yous, buffet signs, cupcake toppers, etc., and my sister for assembling it all, our little picnic was perfection! I'm not going to even imagine what it would have looked like if these ladies hadn't helped me out. Let's just say it wouldn't have gotten a post. I'm mean take a look at what they did... (I'm not taking any credit for how cute everything was. It was definitely not me).






Our friends and their little stuffed friends sat down for a little summer lunch and good conversation. 





We took a little break to see if we could knock some candy and new fuzzy friends out of our big picnic basket.




And of course, we had cupcakes and ice cream. As usual, I was planning on having an actual cake but didn't get around to it. I'm going to blame the sudden onset of an ear infection the night before, but let's be honest, I never pull off everything I plan on doing. One day my kids are actually going to get a cake for their birthday.


The most interesting thing as I was flipping through pictures was that Miss A was only smiling in the ones when she is hanging out with her new favorite friend
(or holding a cupcake)
Maybe next year I'll just scrap the whole party thing and just have J come over and eat cupcakes with us.
I can't say thank you enough to Loralee for her inspiration and creations. (really people, if you want a simply cute party, shop her collections) Thank you E for helping me plan. Thanks to Br for being supportive, and magically making a cute table and chairs appear on my back porch under a fabulous pergola that wasn't there when I went to bed the night/morning before. Thanks to my bro-in-law for helping make that magic happen and also keeping the guests entertained. Thanks to my mom for cleaning up the mess that was left in the wake of the party and then watching the kids so we could go out later that night. Thanks to my sister J for icing cookies, making bows, sticking stickers, wrapping bottles, assembling hats and making sandwiches, and so much more. Thanks to Miss A for turning 2 and (sort of) letting me throw her a party. And thank you to the people who were kind enough to join us in the celebration. Hmmmm, after all those thank yous I'm not sure what I actually did for the party.
Although I'd been thinking about what to do for a while, I sort of put it off the actual planning until the last minute. The party would have been a mess and very slapped together if it hadn't been for my older sis J (who very spontaneously decided to drive out from ABQ) and my absolute favorite party designer and friend, Loralee Lewis who was kind enough to design me a whole line of party goods. She is uber-talented! No really. You should HAVE to check her out. Thanks to her little package of fun invites, stickers, ribbon, pennant straws, banner, thank yous, buffet signs, cupcake toppers, etc., and my sister for assembling it all, our little picnic was perfection! I'm not going to even imagine what it would have looked like if these ladies hadn't helped me out. Let's just say it wouldn't have gotten a post. I'm mean take a look at what they did... (I'm not taking any credit for how cute everything was. It was definitely not me).

The most interesting thing as I was flipping through pictures was that Miss A was only smiling in the ones when she is hanging out with her new favorite friend
I can't say thank you enough to Loralee for her inspiration and creations. (really people, if you want a simply cute party, shop her collections) Thank you E for helping me plan. Thanks to Br for being supportive, and magically making a cute table and chairs appear on my back porch under a fabulous pergola that wasn't there when I went to bed the night/morning before. Thanks to my bro-in-law for helping make that magic happen and also keeping the guests entertained. Thanks to my mom for cleaning up the mess that was left in the wake of the party and then watching the kids so we could go out later that night. Thanks to my sister J for icing cookies, making bows, sticking stickers, wrapping bottles, assembling hats and making sandwiches, and so much more. Thanks to Miss A for turning 2 and (sort of) letting me throw her a party. And thank you to the people who were kind enough to join us in the celebration. Hmmmm, after all those thank yous I'm not sure what I actually did for the party.
4 comments:
Becky, you are totally the best!!!
So C.U.T.E.!!! It looks like it was a lot of fun. The little touches are wonderful, but I especially love the picnic basket pinata. Did you make that?
Braden, who LOVES teddy bears, even at 12, is disappointed that he never thought of a teddy bears' picnic for one of his birthdays! Of course, when he was much younger, he did have a restaurant called A Teddy Bear's Picnic for an afternoon...
Super cute as always. Happy I could be there.
Post a Comment