Sunday, April 3, 2011

Soon she won't even need me

So unlike her brother who comes up with all kinds of reasons he can't do something himself -- I'm too busy...too tired... too little...it's too scary and my all-time favorite... my legs are broken (he's even dedicated himself to this one to the extent that he's scooted himself all over the house without using his legs), Miss A is all about doing things herself these days. After a meal she buses the table and puts the trash in the sink and the plates in the trash (no that wasn't a typo). She is constantly opening the freezer to find herself something to eat and then insist that I cook her the frozen chicken, steak, or broccoli she has selected. On the occasion she decides to use the toilet, after sitting down on the throne she always extends her hand towards me and says "leaf".

Yesterday morning she took her independence to an all-new level. While Br and I were getting ready for the day she got herself a box of cereal, bowl and spoon. She filled her bowl, threw the empty box in the trash, and made a tiny little fruit loop trail as she took her bowl outside so she could enjoy her breakfast and the beautiful weather at the same time. The thing that cracked me up the most was when she came back inside and saw one of the many fruit loops she'd spilled on the ground said "oops", bent over and picked it up, and put it in the trash.

4 comments:

AuntieM said...

"leaf" LOL,LOL ! I hope great g-ma was able to read this (or maybe even see) because she would be laughing to the point of a small snort!

brit said...

Wow. She can come live with me. Does she eat the frozen items from the freezer? My 3-year-old niece prefers frozen chicken tenders and is always swiping them from the freezer. It is hilarious.

The Albuquerque Sheps said...

I love Miss A. How fun!

tori said...

Sounds like another very independent little girl I know. Love you all!