Our first celebration was a little night out on E's actual birthday. We took him to Incredible Pizza Co. where he got a little birthday prize bag and got to spin the birthday wheel for an extra surprise. We told E he had to eat before playing games. He was so excited that he scarfed down his pizza in the salad bar line. He rode some rides, played some games and picked out some prizes.
By thinking the happiest things and with some faith and trust and a little bit of pixie dust the kids flew through London to the second star to the right and straight on til morn (AKA the kids bounced in a bounce house we set up in the living room).
We had a pirate room with a bunk bed ship, Smee in a dingy, cannon with balloon cannon balls, and hook trying to escape a hungry crocodile.
We filled Miss A's room with blue balloons and bubbles to make a mermaid lagoon.
The play room served as our lost boy hideout.
The menu included a boat filled with carrots sitting over goldfish swimming in an ocean of blue m&ms, fruit pixie wands, giant pretzel panpipes, chicken salad boats with chocolate crocodiles, cannon balls (olives), and peanut butter cookies topped with Wendy Kisses (chocolate thimbles).
All the kids took a couple whacks at our pirate ship pinata (it was too cold to hang it up outside so we improvised).
After that we had cake. Thanks to making the pan, hook and crocodile figures well in advance, I actually finished the cake to my liking this time (Last year my biggest regret with E's party was not giving the cake the time it needed).
And of course it wouldn't have been a great time without all the great company. Two of our buddies were even kind enough to dress up as John and Michael.
Thanks E for turning 3 and inspiring such a fun adventure! Love you buddy.
8 comments:
Um.....I didn't think you could out do yourself from last years party! I sure do miss you and by the way...you look FABULOUS!
Wow! What an amazing party! Did you make the Peter Pan, Hook, and crocodile on the cake?!? I still can't believe that thing is edible! It looks like a toy! Very creative on the activities. And you do look marvelous.
Here's my secret. Yes, I made Hook, Pan and the crocodile out of sugar paste but Pan was the first one I made so he looks pretty crazy. That is why he is facing away. shhhh don't tell.
Umm...can you move to ABQ please? Even though I may get a complex because your PARTIES will always outshine any of my parties, I still would LOVE it if you were close by!
So glad I could be there with you all! I took a pic of Nana at the front door but she didn't show up in the file. Still can't believe how amazing everything looked. xo mom
What an awesome party! I wish I had half of your creativity!
Everything looks amazing Becky. What a cute party. I'm so impressed.
Becky, you are amazing! I can't let my kids see these pics or they'll be clamoring to have you as their mom instead. And I love the Harry Potter cake. So great!!
Post a Comment