Friday, May 8, 2009

Almost settled

After a whole lot of drama over appraisals, and a few meltdowns over the many rescheduling of the closing, we finally closed on a house in OK on the 1st. Unfortunately the people living in the house didn't want to really move their stuff, or pack for that matter, until they knew for sure we would close, they weren't able to get out of the house until late last Sunday. Being overly hormonal and desperately wanting to get settled in my new place (I'm pretty sure I'm on the verge of nesting if I'm not already) I thought not having that weekend to unpack was going to kill me. I was also a little (okay, a lot) peeved that we got rid of our tickets for the DMB concert in Dallas because we thought we'd be moving in and instead spent my Saturday just trying to find ways to keep my mind off the fact that I was homeowner with no home.

Turns out I survived long enough for the movers to bring our stuff on Monday. Although we are still partially buried in boxes we've managed to unpack the kitchen, bathrooms, playroom, and living room over the past few days. I even squeezed in waiting around for the cable guy, working, signing E up for Gymboree (I miss the $11 classes at the Rec center and weekly playgroup at the park), going to music time at the library, and taking a little break to do something creative by making some cupcakes for Br's work bake sale to raise money for the food bank. This weekend I also made chocolate dipped rice crispy treats for our church Cinco de Mayo party (on Nueve de Mayo). It's sure nice to have all my kitchen stuff unpacked.
So in short, despite a lot of crying while uttering words like "I never wanted to move here", "I'm never going to find a house I like", "All this stress would maybe be worth it if I loved the house, but I don't", now that the dust is settling (not completely settled... but settling), I'm glad we are here to have some new experiences and I do like my house (I think I might love it once I'm finally unpacked and I finish the projects I want to do to make it "mine"). I have to admit that I'm pretty excited about it's great potential as a party house. It's definitely build for entertaining. I just need to find some friends here. I'll take some pictures soon as soon as I'm either over the emotional trauma of living in a house that isn't together or I actually get the house together.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, Becky! I am so sorry it's been a tough ride. Your cupcakes are super fabulous...genius, really!

brit said...

I am glad you are finally in your house. Don't stress about unpacking, when you need it done, you will get it done. CUTE cupcakes. You are amazing.

Loralee said...

Moving is so frustrating!!!! I am so gald that you are starting to get settled. Your home is going to be beautiful, I just know it. And don't get me started on the cupcakes! Why don't you own your own store again and put Martha out of business?

K2 said...

WOW!!! Those cupcakes are incredible. And you'll get there on the house. Baby steps... otherwise the baby will be stepping in early. :)

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

Sorry to hear things have been so rough. Hopefully things will only get better from here on out! On a positive note, those cupcakes are absolutely amazing! I bet they tasted as great as they looked.

Party of Two said...

I'm sorry! I love your cupcakes, you will have to let me know how you made them!